1. It has been a very bad day at work. Your best employee quit and your worst employee found a “mistake” in your books and wants to talk to you about “something.” You have an angry client on one phone line and an incompetent vendor on the other phone line. When you are finally about ready to tear your hair out, something goes wrong with the computer system. You spend ten hours trying to fix it before finally paying exorbitant amounts of money to have a professional fix the stupid thing. As you complain to your spouse, your shrink or your bartender about what happened, you realize that you need to hire an IT expert. But, should you hire an in house person or should you go to a professional IT company? Here are a few reasons you may want to opt for the latter.
2. People who work for IT companies were hired by other IT experts.
If you do hire an IT expert, what exactly will you ask him or her in the interview? If you don’t know anything about IT how will you know if he or she knows anything about IT? Do you think an anti-virus is a shot they give you at the free clinic? Do you think spyware is a gift from Fredrick’s of Hollywood? If so you may not be qualified to hire an IT person.
Rather than attending night school to get a degree in IT you may want to look into having an IT company on retainer. The person who interviewed the employees there will be a geek as well. He or she will know exactly how to separate the men from the boys in terms of competence.
3. An IT company comes fully equipped with the latest technology.
If you hire an in house person you are still going to have to supply them with all the latest tools and software to do their job correctly. An IT company comes equipped with their own tools.
4. An IT company won’t take sick days.
Are you tired of people calling in sick and then seeing a Facebook post an hour later of them riding the tea cups at Disneyland? Why add one more person to your payroll who will you have to provide with insurance and sick days? If you hire an IT company, you only use them when you need them and they pay for all of their employees’ benefits.
5. They know what they’re doing when it comes to Server Migration IT companies are often used for server migration and they are the best option for the task. They will know how to pick the right service provider, because they will have experience with working with all different kinds of companies. They will know all the options that various service providers have to offer and which ones are right for you. They will also be able to plan downtime so your employees do the maximum amount of work they can while the transition is taking place.
6. It is cheaper.
You probably don’t have need for an IT expert every day, so why pay for one every day? An IT provider comes to your office when you need them and the bill only comes when they do something.
They stay up to date keeping up to date with the latest technology can be a daunting task. A single person in an office may feel overwhelmed. An IT company will have a meeting and training when a new product or technology is released.
7. You get a team of people.
If you hire one IT expert for your office you will have one IT expert in your office. No matter how well educated a person may be, it always helps to be able to have other people who are also experts in your field to bounce ideas off of. An IT company has a team of experts with a wide range of experience all working to solve your problems.
If you’re looking for an IT company comprised of the most knowledgeable people in the industry, look no further than Metro Networks. We can provide you with full IT services. Feel free to call our IT Specialist for an estimate at 559-492-5985.